The official chat room for this site is #WanderersLibrary. You do not need to be a site member to join - just come on in.
If you don't know how to use IRC, you can find some help here: http://www.ircbeginner.com/ircinfo/ircc-commands.html
But the Mibbit embed down below is pretty straightforward for a beginner, so try it out!
Rules are simple. They are as follows:
- Be on your best behavior. Don't create an unpleasant environment for others. No bullying. No harassment — we take this seriously, and that includes harassment done via PM.
- Don't spam. Related: Don't feed the trolls.
- Avoid drama. If you want to have heated interpersonal disagreements, take it to PMs.
- Be Civil. Anything excessively derogatory, sexist, racist homophobic, transphobic, et cetera, will not be tolerated. If it's in a grey area, and you're making people uncomfortable, you will be asked to stop, and anything further will be considered 'excessive'. Especially don't harass people along these lines — zero tolerance here.
- Tag NSFW links. If you link something that isn't "Safe For Work", add a note specifying "NSFW". On that note, don't link illegal shit. You should know better. (Anything goes, otherwise.)
- Don't drown out site discussion. All topics are allowed in #WanderersLibrary. However, people who want to talk about this site, and/or works they're creating for this site, always get precedence. Please be polite and don't drown out that discussion.
We reserve the right to change or modify these rules at any time. The final authority on chat issues, as well as all site issues, is DrMann, the owner of both this site and the IRC channel.
Note that not all channel ops or half-ops are staff on the website. They will all be happy to help you, though.
Our bot's name is Thorn and is run by Pixeltasim. Thorn has rudimentary look-up capabilities, but is mostly used for sending tells.
If the Mibbit client isn't working: yes, sometimes it dies on us. So have another IRC client in the wings, just in case. See below for examples.
COMMON FREE IRC CLIENTS:
- Xchat - Windows: http://www.silverex.org/download/ , Linux: http://xchat.org/
- Chatzilla (Firefox) - http://chatzilla.hacksrus.com/
- mIRC (Windows) - http://www.mirc.com/
- Mibbit (Web) - http://www.mibbit.com/
- Pidgin (Multiplatform IM) - http://www.pidgin.im/
Instructions for mIRC
- Copy paste this (without quotations) "irc://irc.synirc.net" into your browser and hit enter.
- Type "/join #WanderersLibrary"
Instructions for Chatzilla
- Copy this into the text bar: /attach irc.synirc.net (or just click here: <irc://irc.synirc.net/wandererslibrary>)
- Type /join #WanderersLibrary
If you still want to use a brower based client:
Instructions For Mibbit
- Go to http://www.mibbit.com/chat
- Select "SynIRC webirc" from the drop down menu.
- Pick an appropriate handle, and put "#WanderersLibrary" in the channel(s) box.
- Enjoy your pie.
Type /nick to change your Nick name, /help, /cs help, /ns help, or /ms help for available commands.